We are looking for a proactive SEO Specialist, who is ready to hit the ground running, both with getting their hands dirty to build up our SEO practices, and owning the SEO strategy at Metigy. You’ll join part of our growth marketing team, and play a crucial role in helping us get the most out of the amazing content we’re producing, to achieve international organic traffic growth and help the team achieve growth marketing goals.
Who we are:
Metigy is the world’s leading AI powered digital marketing solution for SMEs.
Poor digital marketing is one of the top two reasons why 50% of SMEs will fail within the first two years. The marketing world is powered by the availability of expertise and a vast amount of data – it can be a minefield of fractured infrastructure and tools promising to help brands execute. For smaller companies, that prospect of navigating the marketing ecosystem is all the more daunting, thanks to less budget, knowledge, time, resources, and skills.
Metigy levels the playing field for small and medium business owners – Metigy makes digital marketing simple, easy and fun and through AI powered decision making and recommendations gives SMEs supercharged access to the type of marketing technology typically reserved for bigger teams with bigger budgets and know-how. Metigy integrates with the leading social media and ad platforms, (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.) and provides intelligent insights, actionable ideas, trending conversations, objective settings, competitor & influence tracking, and automated reporting. This allows marketers and SME’s to focus on creating and implementing effective marketing campaigns that really work. Metigy uses AI to power brand strategy and interactive learning so marketers can market like a master and reach their goals.
This is an exciting time to join Metigy as we are growing quickly and laying the foundations of something special. We have offices in Sydney Australia, Denver USA and Singapore and are scaling globally. There are lots of opportunities for you to have an influence and impact on our business from day one. At Metigy we aim to have a positive impact on the day to day work of our people, customers and environment.
Why work for us?
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to an award winning Australian scaleup taking on the world
- An enjoyable, fun and collaborative work environment
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Supercharge your skills and experience – everyone owns the strategy and roadmap and is empowered to do great things.
- A totally flexible workplace – collaborate in our world class (and pet friendly) offices and work remotely the rest of the week
- Options plan for passionate people after a qualifying period
What you’ll do:
- Joining an awesome team of growth focused marketers, you’ll be tasked with implementing SEO best practices for the Metigy site and in various places where our content currently lives.
- Working with the Performance Marketing Lead, you’ll help shape the SEO strategy at Metigy. This will flow from technical audits, analyzing competitor websites and benchmarking site performance.
- Collaborating with the content team and our web developer, you’ll work to ensure our content appears for relevant queries, including keyword research.
- You’ll be working closely with our web developer to analyze and implement technical SEO optimisations for our website.
- Over the first 3-6 months, you’ll assume the lead position of a team of link building freelancers to ensure our link building strategy is according to best practices and being implemented efficiently.
- As you ramp up our SEO activities, you’ll also be tasked with providing accessible reporting on the effectiveness of such activities. This will provide insight for the rest of the business for growth, and will include keyword
- research support for product and content teams on an ad-hoc basis.
- With growth over time, you’ll develop, lead and manage SEO projects that may be international SEO based, seasonal campaigns, and / or SEO campaigns with insights from paid search and other paid channels.
- You’ll also be well supported by a manager and team who has a track record of running mixed performance marketing teams and are passionate about your personal and career development.
What we’re looking for in you:
Your previous experience should show us that you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO
- You’re on the cutting edge of the industry, always looking for opportunities to grow and share
- Ready to own SEO within Metigy, driving strategy and implementation of best SEO practices across the business
- Ability to drive revenue, report and measure SEO impact with analytics tools
- Expertise across content marketing, technical SEO, and on-page
- Experience with top tools: ahrefs, semrush, screaming frog, google search console, CMS etc
- Worked with a cross functional team of growth marketers, performance marketers, content, and web and app developers
Bonus points, if you have any of the following:
- [Strongly desirable] experience working in SEO for a SaaS business, preferably with international SEO elements
- CRO experience is a nice to have
It’s okay if you don’t tick all the boxes. We are looking for a human, not a unicorn! If you don’t think you quite meet all of these points, we’d still love to hear from you.
This is a permanent full-time position.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply at the link below with your CV attached. If you’re after more info or would like a confidential chat, give our Talent Acquisition Manager Bec Myers a call on 0421 694 599.
We respond to all applicants.
You can find out more about Metigy on:
The Forward Thinking Podcast: An award-winning marketing podcast about Marketing by Marketers & Metigy
Metigy Blog: News & Announcements, Podcast updates and Awards!
Metigy Learning: Join the world’s leading community of forward-thinking SME