- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we collect your personal information?
- Why do we collect your personal information?
- Who may we disclose your personal information to?
- What if we can’t collect your personal information?
- Marketing Communications
- Data security
- Access to and correction of personal information
- Other rights
- Information retention
- Additional services and links to other sites
- Contact us
Metigy Pty Ltd ACN 617 973 270 and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) (together referred to as Metigy, we, our, us), are committed to protecting your privacy.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Personal information means any information or an opinion about an individual from which that person can be identified or can reasonably be identified, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not. We may collect and use different kinds of information in the course of providing the Services, and for you to be able to benefit from those Services (to the extent that it is reasonably necessary and relevant to the performance of the Services), which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact information: includes your name, phone number, email address and your residential address or other address for both identification and registration purposes;
- Transaction information: includes details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us, including payment information such as credit card details and billing addresses;
- Profile information: includes user generated information made available by social network services such as names, comments, posts, images or preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Technical information: includes Metigy username and passwords, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, time zone setting and location, third party access tokens and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website and/or the App;
- Usage information: includes information about the performance of the Website, App and Services, and how you use the Website, App and Services;
- Marketing information: includes your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us;
- Payment date: data necessary to process your payment if you pay for our Services, such as your payment instrument number (eg a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Chargebee and Stripe Payments;
- Required information: includes other personal information required to satisfy our obligations under relevant legislation; and
- any other personal information that you provide to us either directly or indirectly when using the Website.
The precise types of personal information we collect from or about you will depend on the nature of your interactions with us.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or union, sexual orientation or practices and criminal record information). Nor do we collect any information about your health, genetic background or biometric personal information.
Our services are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals of at least 18 years old (the Age Limit). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Website and do not provide us your personal information. We will upon notice or discovery take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about those under the Age Limit without our knowledge.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may collect personal information from you via:
- your use and access of the Website and the App, including during your registration and creation of an account as a user of the Website and/or the App;
- your response to any surveys or marketing materials we send out;
- information and recommendations uploaded to the Website and/or the App by yourself or by other users; and
- interactions between yourself, other users of the Website and/or the App, and our staff.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- third parties who provide services to Metigy that help us provide our services;
- other third parties who provide services via the Website; and
- via public sources or when you connect with a social network service or other platform when using and accessing the Website and/or the App.
4. Why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect, hold and use your personal information for a variety of reasons including in the most common circumstances listed below:
- to assess the performance of the Website, the App and the Services we provide, including in relation to data analysis, developing new products and services, managing the provision of our customer service, and analysing our customer base;
- to maintain system security and stability;
- to deliver targeted content based on user profiling and location;
- to process and respond to a complaint or request you may make, and to communicate with you and provide you with trouble-shooting support and customer service in general;
- to contact you in relation to our Services, particularly if we believe there are any products or services or any information we believe you might be interested in, as permitted by law;
- for the provision of Services or the administration of our business (including fulfilling and exercising our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims and managing the relationship with you); or
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
The legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the specific circumstances in which it is collected. However, we may collect personal information from you where:
- you have given consent for Metigy’s use of the personal information for one or more purposes;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; or
- it is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by Metigy and those interests are balanced against your rights to information privacy (e.g. to communicate useful content updates).
We will only collect, hold and use personal information for the purpose for which it was provided (which will normally be obvious at the time of collection), a related purpose, or as authorised, permitted or required by law.
5. Who may we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to various third parties. These third parties may include:
- technology partners in connection with our Services or services that these third parties perform for us;
- our lawyers, accountants and professional advisors;
- other third party service providers, such as third party branding service providers;
- to Metigy related companies that are either directly owned or controlled by Metigy;
- to law enforcement authorities where we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process; or
6.What if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we need, some or all of the following may occur:
- you may not be able to use some functions of the Website, the App or the Services; and
- we may not be able to provide you with other services, targeted content and relevant information.
7. Marketing Communications
In addition to the purposes set out above at section 4, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information to provide you with electronic marketing messages from time to time, to inform you of products, services or offers of Metigy, our related companies or commercial partners which may be of interest to you, either by notification via the App or email (Marketing Communications), in circumstances where we have collected the personal information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose.
You may receive Marketing Communications if:
- you have subscribed to our Marketing Communications (in which case we will keep you informed of the latest products, current offers and promotions at Metigy);
- you request information about our services when you choose to contact us (in which case you will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive emails in relation to the matter you have contacted us about); and
- the Marketing Communications are otherwise relevant to the reason(s) we hold your email address, where we are permitted to do so by law.
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need for access. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Ultimately, data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords). You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
9. Access to and correction of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you become aware of any errors in your personal information or, if you change your personal information, please let us know. If you have an account with us you can change your personal information details by logging into your account.
If we are unable to, or if we are unwilling to provide you with access to any of your personal information, or to correct any of your personal information, we will provide you with our reasons.
For more information regarding privacy you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or the appropriate data protection authorities in your jurisdiction.
You also have in certain circumstances the right to request that the personal information that is collected from you is erased, its further processing is restricted, or to object to its further processing and the right to data portability. You can also ask that personal information provided by you to us is transmitted to another party. You may also withdraw your consent where it has been provided as a condition of our processing your information or object to the further processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
11. Other rights
Subject to certain limitations and restrictions (e.g. depending on circumstances such as where you reside) you may have the right to exercise additional rights in relation to your personal information. These may include the right to:
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information;
- request restriction of processing of your personal information;
- transfer your personal information (i.e. the right to data portability);
- not be subject to automatic decision making; and
- withdraw consent.
12. Information retention
13. Additional services and links to other sites
Our website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies could be used to collect personal information. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your device by a website. Cookies contain information which is readable by the website that issued the cookie to you and is commonly used to remember your details and preferences when you return to that website. Your web browser can be configured to reject cookies. If you set up your web browser to reject cookies certain functions of our Website may become unavailable to you.
We do not use browsing information to identify you personally. However, we may record information on how you use our Website or Services, including which pages you viewed, when you viewed them, whether you reached them via a search engine, and your computer’s assigned IP address.
16. Contact us
|Address:||Level 5/153 Walker St, North Sydney NSW 2060|
- Policy version
|Version||Date Adopted||Date of Next Review|
|1.0||6 September 2019||September 2021 or as otherwise required due to changes of law|
|2.0||1 December 2021||1 December 2023 or as otherwise required due to changes of law|